This is one of my all time favorites (I seem to have a lot of favorites) just because it reminds me of my childhood back in the ghettos. It's mixed with string beans, green chilly, and young jack fruit slices, all submerged in coconut milk. Perfect dinner entrée for any occasion.
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Thursday, May 23, 2013
This is perfect for health nuts because it's rich in fibre and gluten-free. Try it before, after, or even during your work out. Flavors include Chocolate Almond Butter, Pumpkin Apricots, and are packed with 24 grams of protein. For only $2.50 a bar, it's a cheaper alternative to Star Bucks protein bars.
Leave a comment here and I'll hook you up with some bite-sized samples.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
I only say fish is better than tinolang manok after a friend shows me the now elusive video on facebook tungkol sa lalaking gumahasa sa kawawang tandang na manok. Dafaq.
Saturday, January 19, 2013
You'll need the following hardware:
- Hot pot cooker ($40+ from T&T);
- Propane gas ($5 for a 4-pack);
You can serve a variety of foods including:
- Ready-made specifically for hot pot like shrimp or fish paste balls. T&T has a lot of these;
- Chicken or beef soup stock. Make sure your broth has a lot of water because you'll find that the water evaporates quickly;
- Seafood like shrimps and mussels.
- Mushrooms. Cut these in halves or quarters. The Shiitake mushroom sprouts are very popular;
- Greens, like spinach, radish, or lettuce. These cook very quickly so don't let it soak too long.
- Hot sauce.
That's it. Great for 4-6 guests or the maximum number of people you can fit seated around your dinner table.
Friday, January 18, 2013
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
It's not really 'brain' food but the reference comes from me having to stay up late the other night to watch Season3-Episode 8 of the Walking Dead. Great show and almost missed my bus the next morning because my smartphone alarm clock ringtone just didn't cut it. I thought I would try out the Walking Dead ringtone instead to see if it's any better. Who wouldn't wake up instantly to the zombie apocalypse theme song with thoughts of the undead clawing at you and dragging you out of bed, right?
Here is a link to the theme song ringtone. Enjoy!
Listen or download The Walking Dead intro Theme for free on Prostopleer